Pageviews last month

Saturday 12 November 2011

Download 2012

So, two out of three headline acts have been announced for Download 2012, and to be honest, I could not be more excited!

First to be confirmed on Radio 1's Zane Lowe was Metallica, by Lars Ulrich. The band will perform The Black Album in its entirety and three songs never performed before: The Struggle Within, My Friend Of Misery and Don't Tread On Me. They last performed at Download Festival in 2006, and before that at Monsters of Rock in 1985. 

Now, I don't know about you but I am over the moon! I am going to witness one of the bands I have grown up with since birth play live at my favorite rock festival! The distinct gravelly voice of James Hetfield, the talents of Lars Ulrich, classic rock songs performed for thousands! 


Second to be confirmed is the one and only, Black Sabbath! WITH OZZY OSBOURNE! The band have played Ozzfest with Ozzy at Download for several years, but this was never an offical. Their setlist has not yet been confirmed but no doubt they will be playing classic songs like Paranoid, War Pigs and Iron Man. 

I have always wanted to see Black Sabbath play, and I've always wanted to see Ozzy play, so having these guys back together is absolutely f***ing fantastic!

As well as the reunion of Black Sabbath and Ozzy Osbourne, the group are recording their first album together in 32 years since Ozzy was fired from the band in 1979. Their are currently no rumours of what this will be named but the album should hopefully be released in 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment