Pageviews last month

Wednesday 14 December 2011

The Power of Social Networking

A lot of us believe that social networking is a good way of staying in touch with friends, family, and celebrities. However, the power of social networking can extend to much more beyond that, as I have found out recently. Networking sites like Twitter and Facebook can have huge effects on your career, whether it's a job you do on the side of your actual job, or a dream that you are trying to achieve. 

Recently, I have been much more active on sites like Twitter because of this blog! And I can tell you, the effects are extraordinary! Simple things like retweets are an excellent way to recommend things to your friends, family and colleagues, and get your ideas around the world. Since becoming an active twitterer I have gained so many more followers; not just people that are interested in my blog, but high-end twitterers like West End producers and agencies have started following me. It makes me think that my blog is doing something right! But the absolute power of this is emphasised with how long I have been on twitter and blogger: I only started my blog at the beginning of November and I now have over 120 followers on twitter (which is a lot for a student with a blog!).

NOTE: I have just checked my twitter followers and I have over 140 now! ...crazy!

When I post a new blog, I post a link through twitter, facebook and myspace, just to get my blog out there. I only get views from my family and friends on Facebook but through myspace and twitter I can get my blog out to the public. Now I know Myspace is rather unpopular nowadays, but seeing as I have my old account, and a fair few "friends" on there, I thought why not! The more people that see my blog, the better!

Now twitter is the ultimate social networking site in my opinion for people with public blogs or companies because you can get your content out there to the public really easily. By adding hashtags and words that are in the trending topics, people all over the world can find your links and look at what you have to show the world!

The best way to get your content out there is to post your links on every social networking site there is, especially twitter! Get your posts labelled with trending topics and other links that can help get your links get noticed but don't spam! There's nothing worse than getting a load of spam in your timeline!

Sorry this was a short one! If you have any comments or experiences with social networking please comment below or email me or tweet me at the information at the top of the page!

:D

3 comments:

  1. Have you ever thought of doing a like page for your blog, or even a separate facebook profile for it?
    Then you can easily add a load of people you don't know to it, and spread the word on facebook a little more too :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a good idea! Then it would make sense to have two audiences on different social networks! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well if you ever do it, you'll have to link me :D x

    ReplyDelete