Pageviews last month

Friday 13 January 2012

Beyonce's Looking Fly...

OK, I know I said I wasn't writing until after my exams but I couldn't resist this! 



A previously unnamed species of horse fly has been named after the new mother and pop sensation Beyonce. 

The incredibly rare Scaptia (Plinthina) beyonceae has been named after the singer because of it's 'bootylicious' shape. It's large golden lower abdomen has been compared to Beyonce's shapely figure and today Australian Scientists named the fly after her. 

This rare fly was first collected in 1981 in Queensland state, Australia, the same year Beyonce was born, but has never been named until now.

It is rare because of the unique dense golden hairs found on it's lower abdomen. 




What do you think? I personally think it's an interestingly pretty fly (wow, I sound like a nerd!).

Leave comments in the comments section and I'll start posting more daily blogs after my exams! Wish me luck! And see you guys soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment