Pageviews last month

Friday 13 January 2012

A Model We Can Relate To!

Today Ann Summers revealed it's winner of their competition for their new lingerie range Giselle. And (thank the heavens!) the winner was Lucy Moore! 


And she's right! Lucy is a lovely curvaceous beauty that we should all look up to! It's nice to actually see someone with curves modelling for something other than Evans and other plus sized brands. 

I for one have always longed for someone with curves to model the types of clothes I want to wear. And especially with lingerie (not just for sexy time), I've never felt sexy or pretty when wearing bras and pants because I don't look like the gorgeous skinny blonde that is modelling them!

I find Lucy's pictures more empowering and confidence building than those of a skinny model because I can relate to her body figure much more! I've always had a problem with the way I look because I have always struggled with my weight. I've looked through catalogues for any type of clothing and envied the skinny and perfectly proportioned models for years, but now I am able to look at a model and think, "She looks amazing! I can look like her!"

I've always liked a lot of Ann Summers underwear because they do accommodate for larger breasts and curvy bodies, but to now have one of their new models to show these more common sizes is much more appealing for myself and other women. 

I also like the fact that Lucy has won being a curvy girl against two rather skinny models. And the fact that the women of the Ann Summers mailing list has voted for her makes it obvious that the public wants to see more curvy women modelling their products!

I want to see more and more of these lovely curvy women modelling products online and in catalogues. I have spoken about plus sized models before in my blog and it's nice to see another model come to light. The public demands more average sized models instead of the skinny photoshopped models we are so used to seeing. How many more brands are going to follow this much needed change?

I hope that if there are more curvy women modelling for popular brands then the rates of anorexia and other image related mental illnesses will drop. This way young girls can stop worrying about what they look like so they can eat healthily without stressing about what they're eating, and ultimately helping to stop the drastic measures they take to become 'perfect'.

Which brands would you like to see change their models to more average sized curvy beauties? Do we need more plus-sized models? Leave your comments below or email at sophiimaria@googlemail.com or tweet me at @sophiimaria :)

No comments:

Post a Comment